Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I refinanced my vehicle about 3 months ago and the

Customer Question

I refinanced my vehicle about 3 months ago and the dealership paid off the previous loan when I went to pay my 1st Note no one had my loan the dealership lost all paperwork and the loan expired this was about 3 months ago now they are rushing back in to sign papers on another refinance loan I still have all paperwork from previous loan and paperwork showing were it's payed off I was just wondering what options I may have if any because it seems they are pretty dessprite for me to sign these papers any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

You need to make sure that you take the documents home and review the papers very carefully. If possible, have an Attorney review the papers. You also need to make sure that they are not changing the terms of the refinance, that you are being given the same terms as the previous loan documents that they lost.

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.