Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I am a widow of a navy chief and I tried express scripts

Customer Question

I am a widow of a navy chief and I tried express scripts for my medication.My dr ordered me a inhaler and express scripts charged 45 dollars I told them I did not want it but they sent it anyway and I sent it back unopened and now they are hounding me for the money.I told them I do not have the money and that I sent the medicine back.What can I do about this?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You are not responsible to pay for what you never accepted delivery on. If you returned the medication unopened, then legally you are not liable to pay for it. You need to send them a letter, not email or phone call, informing them that you refused their shipment and it was returned to them. Inform them that as you never accepted the shipment you are not liable for payment and if they continue, you will contact the benefits office and also the Office of Inspector General about the matter.
Legally, they cannot make you pay for the medications you did not accept or keep as long as it was returned unopened.