Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

My name is ***** *****. I have a insurance question, My car

Customer Question

hello My name is ***** *****. I have a insurance question
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My car was stolen 2 weeks ago and was recovered this morning. I am not sure the extent of the damaged caused by the thief and I want to know if i am obliged to accept the car back or can I opt to get a pay-out or reimbursement from the insurance company?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
All your insurance company is liable to do is pay for repairs if the car can be repaired. If the insurance company finds that the damage is greater than 60-70% of the book value of your car (depending on your insurance policy terms, as they all vary slightly) the insurance company can total your car, in which case you would get a payment of book value of the car. However, if they do not total the car, all you are entitled to is the car back and the insurance company paying to put it back in the condition it was in at the time of the theft.