Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I have a hacker. ( my x husband) Unfortunately he has been

Customer Question

I have a hacker. ( my x husband)
Unfortunately he has been doing this for years to me and my son. But now has his friends do this to us as well. It started when we were with Sprint and without our permission. Then once all of his nastiness surfaced, and I got my own account he was still able to get to us through Sprints network. Since I went with sprint again. Now I'm no longer with sprint (3 years now) and that ridiculous
Sick individual still gets in our stuff. Does keeping my data off help keep hackers out or no. Because the police dont have the manpower to do anything about people driving around remotely hacking others and I quite frankly can't live like this anymore.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you do not have data service or internet service, he should not be able to hack into your phone or computers. What you need to do is take your phone and computer both to a local computer expert and have them scan it for keystroke or other hacking software. A good computer expert can find it even if it is hidden on your phone or computer. Once you are sure that there is no software on either your computer or your phones, then you need to change your internet provider and phone numbers again and do not give them out to him or his friends. You also need to block your number when making calls so that nobody can see your number. If you do that in addition to keeping the data off on your phone and also change your passwords monthly, he should not be able to continue hacking your phone or computer.
Furthermore, instead of going to the local police, you can go to the local FBI office, since they handle computer hacking cases as well and they could also possibly investigate, especially if your local computer expert finds any type of hacking software on your phone.