KnowYourRights
KnowYourRights, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience protecting consumers against unfair, deceptive, or fraudulent advertising, marketing and financial practices.
9540344

I traded in my 2007 jeep grand cherokee leased 2016 jeep

Customer Question

I traded in my 2007 jeep grand cherokee for and leased 2016 jeep compass today 13000 was still owed on my jeep cherokee I put 1000 down can Im not happy with it the compass what can I do
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 9 months ago.

Good evening. Can you share with me what is wrong with the vehicle? Was the car brand new?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
there is no mechanical issues I made a great mistake and I regret it it was not the type of vehicle I wanted but I let the dealer hoodwink me even though I let it be known of my unhappiness no ethics in sales I know but is there anything I can do

Good morning and thank you for the additional information. Based upon what you shared above, you would need to show that you were mislead and induced fraudulently, by the dealer. You would need to show them what the salesman/dealer did and had it not been for their actions, you would have never bought the car. As the buyer, there is a burden placed on you, to perform your due diligence and make sure this is the car you want. There is no 3 day rule / right to cancel for car leases/purchases, so this would need to be something negotiated with the deal, if you can show they did something unethical. If you can prove that, you can possible have a lawsuit against them and their fear of that, may force them to settle with you.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.