insearchoftheanswer
insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing lawyer for 31 years
17027240

Help. Invent help has not provided the service they

Customer Question

Help. Invent help has not provided the service they promised.... I have invested $9,000.00 of my money to them. At first invent help has me over and over to check boxes on their survey .. But I refused.. But they went on anyway to extract my money and not submit my idea to viable manufactures ..... I want my idea, and money back.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 9 months ago.

Good morning Dennis. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

What you want to do with these guys is raise the stakes! Send them a certified, return receipt requested letter detailing the history (including all their misrepresentations) and demand they refund all your money and your invention. Inform them that if they do not comply with your demand within a short specified period of time, you will have no choice but to file a suit for your damages. BUT, be sure to specifically mention that you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as fraud and deceptive trade practice causes of action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to multiple times your actual damages as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit. Even if you have to file the suit, that's likely all you will need do. In my experience, they will settle this without a hearing rather than risk punitive damages and the fraud and/or deceptive trade practice judgments being on the record.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!