Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I recently bought a new ford pickup. My wife works Ford

Customer Question

I recently bought a new ford pickup. My wife works for a Ford Dealership. The vehicle I purchased was from an out of state dealer. Upon the GM of the dealership learning this, he sent my wife an email, then sent her home for the day without pay because I didn't buy the vehicle from them. He has threatened to fire her, not sign her paychecks, and has singled her out. There are several other employees of this dealership that have bought fords from other dealers, with no recourse. My wife had absolutely no involvement in my choice to buy this pick up as I am a business owner myself. My wife is also 6 months pregnant. Is this worth filing a harrasment/discrimination claim?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Is there any type of written policy that the dealership has for the employees which obligates employees to purchase Ford vehicle from the employer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I'm not an employee of that dealership,my wife is. The vehicle was bought by me, for my business. My wife has absolutely no involvement in it, but has already been sent home without pay without reason, and verbally harassed several times.

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, an employer cannot force the spouse of the employee to purchase vehicle directly from the employer's dealership, especially if the vehicle is being purchased for the spouse's business and if the employer is engaging in harassing and inappropriate behavior, such as not paying wages and/or threatening employee with termination, then such inappropriate employer's actions should be documented and a local employment attorney to evaluate the situation and determine whether a legal claim against employer can be pursued.

You can find an experienced and skilled local employment law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to employment law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Thank you.