Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My drummer and I purchased a van this January. He bought it

Customer Question

My drummer and I purchased a van this January. He bought it from a friend for $5k and I reimbursed him $1500 shortly after, with the agreement being that I would buy out his share in installments before June of this same year. The title and registration is in my name and I have a bill of sale signed by both parties detailing my agreement to pay installments and buy out his share. The van has remained parked in his gated lot since we bought it in January. We ended up firing him from the group last week for personal differences, and I have the remaining $3500 that I owe him ready to go. I have sent him 2 emails since last week, to which I have gotten no response about completing our agreement. What can I do legally to complete this transaction?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Send him another e-mail, but this time let him know you have certified funds for the remaining payment and he needs to contact you so that you can set up a time to meet and hand over the certified/cashier check to him and for delivery of the car to you. If he refuses or ignores you, then you need to file lawsuit for breach of contract to force him to deliver the car to you.