Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Imy am owed 350 from a place in Florida as I bought an

Customer Question

Imy am owed 350 from a place in Florida as I bought an engine but he lied about this motor being drop in ready as it cost me 2275 to make it drop in ready. He claimed the motor had 74k on it come to find out it has over 174k. He says now he dont care about paying me as he has lawyers. As I've read he has done this to others according to bbb. I filled there but know 1 has contacted me about it. I'm a single dad an this is my life line to make money an i spent almost my hole savings on it. Between the installation and motor an getting it to the condition it's in were theres still little bugs to work out but I'm in it at 11k an i was expecting only 7 ta 8k as it was supposed to be a bulletproof drop in 74k mile motor will it's not an I've been duped.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Did you receive any written warranty or did you purchase it as-is?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It has warranty an there's texts and verbal between me and my mother both an emails. But he will not answer anymore an refused to give me the truck vin as I used motor vin to look up.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you have a warranty from the seller then you can sue them in Florida small claims court for your damages, up to $5000.

Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court.

Check with the clerk of the court for the county where the seller is located. They will have forms for you and provide assistance.