Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

About a car contract that ive signed with my grandmother,

Customer Question

about a car contract that ive signed with my grandmother
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ive looked at the contract after ive purchased it and ive notice a coupe error some information were incorrect as in social security and different odometer readings and also price I see different numbers, different financed amount
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this matter?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was wondering if it is even valid?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There are alot of errors on the contract, I live in the state of Florida. The social security number was put in correctly, and there were different odometer numbers and also different cash value and financed value.
Thank you for your reply.
While a contract may have errors, such as your SSN, it can still be valid and a mistake on the odometer meeting, these can be corrected and the contract would still be valid. However, if the contract price in the contract is different than what you agreed upon, you can seek to invalidate the contract based on there being no meeting of the minds, meaning that the contract was not what you agreed upon.
SO, you need to try to first resolve this with the dealer to get the contract price corrected, along with the other errors. If the dealer refuses, you would have to sue for breaching the contract, based on there being no meeting of the minds in the contract price and the price you had agreed upon when making the deal and you would have to get the court to invalidate the contract on that basis.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do I have the right to return the car back to them?
Thank you for your reply.
You would not have the right to return the car unless they agree to cancel the contract or if you sue for breach of contract as I said above and you get the court to void the contract based on no meeting of the minds.