Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I HAVE HAD A BANK ACCOUNT With Meta Bank Years Now Receiving

Customer Question

i HAVE HAD A BANK ACCOUNT With Meta Bank For 14 Years Now Receiving Direct Deposit From Social security ( SSD ) On Feb. 2 2016 My Fiancie Was Using My Bank Card &
By Accident On Prompt Hit The #2 Button That Is " LOST OR STOLEN ". Now After
14 Documents That I uploaded them To Prove My address Thay will Not ALLOWme Access to My Account. I Receive my direct Deposit However Cannot access It. Now my Bills Are DUE. I told them enough Should i send MY MONEY Back To SS And Close The Acct. OR
Go After Them For Costing Me LATE FEES ON ALL MY BILLS.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have provided them proof of identity already then them continuing to hold your account is a breach of their contract with you and it is grounds to sue them for breaching the contract and the costs incurred by you not being able to access the account once you have proven your identity to them. They cannot continue to hold your money once you presented the proof of who you were.
So, you need to send them a final demand letter informing them that if they fail to release your account to you, then you would have no choice but to pursue legal action against them for violating the account contract and also for damages caused by not allowing you access to the account.