How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 116291
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I HAVE HAD A BANK ACCOUNT With Meta Bank Years Now Receiving

Customer Question

i HAVE HAD A BANK ACCOUNT With Meta Bank For 14 Years Now Receiving Direct Deposit From Social security ( SSD ) On Feb. 2 2016 My Fiancie Was Using My Bank Card &
By Accident On Prompt Hit The #2 Button That Is " LOST OR STOLEN ". Now After
14 Documents That I uploaded them To Prove My address Thay will Not ALLOWme Access to My Account. I Receive my direct Deposit However Cannot access It. Now my Bills Are DUE. I told them enough Should i send MY MONEY Back To SS And Close The Acct. OR
Go After Them For Costing Me LATE FEES ON ALL MY BILLS.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have provided them proof of identity already then them continuing to hold your account is a breach of their contract with you and it is grounds to sue them for breaching the contract and the costs incurred by you not being able to access the account once you have proven your identity to them. They cannot continue to hold your money once you presented the proof of who you were.
So, you need to send them a final demand letter informing them that if they fail to release your account to you, then you would have no choice but to pursue legal action against them for violating the account contract and also for damages caused by not allowing you access to the account.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions