Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I want to know about a contract with Vacation Inspirations

Customer Question

Hi, I want to know about a contract with Vacation Inspirations in Charleston. We attended a presentation and bought a membership. The paperwork says it's not for any real estate and there's an item saying that the right of recession is waived. I'm wondering if there's an option to cancel the arrangement. Reviews of this company are pretty bad and they've had lots of complaints with the BBB.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunately, unless you can prove there was fraudulent representation on their part or that you were under some sort of duress when you signed the agreement, it is very difficult to terminate. The language specifically says recission is waived which is your right to terminate the contract. I'm happy to discuss with you further via phone if you like so that you can explain the circumstances and based on that we can determine if there is any recourse. There would be additional charges however.