Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Over the years I have leased 3 different cars from the same

Customer Question

Over the years I have leased 3 different cars from the same dealership in Tenn. I live in Va. Each time I have had to go back and re-sign a contract because the dealership completed the forms wrong. I leased the last car on 02/14/16 from the same dealer and signed the original contract, then one more a week later because they screwed the first one up, along with a tax notification disclosure that was not included with the original paper work. The finance manager called today (02/29/16) wanting me to sign a third one because they charged me too much sales tax. I have not signed the third contract yet. I traded a 2013 model to a new 2016 and paid $5000 down. I am tired of dealing with their incompetence. What are the chances of getting the dealer to take back the 2016 back and give me back the $5000 and my 2013 car
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, mistakes and administrative errors on the contract can be corrected. If you continue to have problems with this dealership, then continuing to do business with them and expecting them to change is the part of the problem. So, legally they can ask you to sign the new contract, since the lease itself is binding on you and they are entitled to correct the mistakes they have made.