Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience in various consumer protection areas
19958803

I lend my money 2000$ to my friend. It has been more than 11

Customer Question

I lend my money 2000$ to my friend. It has been more than 11 months he took from me. He told me verbally, he gave it back to me after 2-3 months, but it didn't happen. Every time he has some arguments. His financial situation is stable now as he is doing job, but he is keep delaying every time. We communicated on whats-up, emails and talked over phone regarding money issues. I don't have any written statement when I gave him money. Please what I can do get my money back. Please can you help me out in this.
Thanks,
Anup Rao
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If he has not paid you back when he said he would, your recourse here is to file a small claims court action against him for breach of contract and sue him for your money back. You don't need an attorney and the small claims court clerk will have the forms you need to file to sue him.

.

You will need to file suit in the county where he lives so the sheriff can serve him and force him to come to court.

.

Once you get a judgment, if he doesn't pay you, you can have the clerk issue an order to garnish his wages up to 25% until you are repaid.

.

.

thanks