Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

My 92 year old grandfather was ripped off by a plumbing

Customer Question

My 92 year old grandfather was ripped off by a plumbing company. Turns out they installed a water heater that was for a home and not a mobile home and it was not secured properly. They also stated they used pex piping when they actually used a different kind. They stated they insulated pipes and they did not. They also hooked new piping to old fittings and all have leaks. They charged him $9960.00. Turns out that this job typically is in the range of $4000.00. What kind of attorney does he Ned for representation? Also are there any pro Bono attorneys that would take a case like this, he is on a fixed income.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

He would want an attorney that either does Civil Litigation or Consumer Law. You can find those in his area at www.lawyers.com.

It's pretty rare for an attorney to do pro bono work on a civil case like this although it is always possible you can find one. There is no central place to locate pro bono attorneys though so it's a matter of calling around.

He may also want to try Legal Aid. You can locate one nearby using a Google search. Legal Aid normally works either free or at a reduced rate based on income.