Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have had a situation where i was overcharged, and in a

Customer Question

HI Pearl, I have had a situation where i was overcharged, and in a state of duress. And am not sure what my options are, legal or else wise.
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have spoken briefly with a criminal defence lawyer. But she says this is not her specialty and would be under consumer protection/ civil litigation
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes, it was myself and another. We had have a couple drinks that evening. We acknowledge a portion of the bill, but the amount was changed and switched after the fact.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 9 months ago.

Can you please provide more information - such as whether this was a written or oral contract and what the subject matter is?