Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in Consumer Protection law, in particular construction law and auto repo law
20355756

On feb 22 /3016 i was going to switch my internet and phone

Customer Question

on feb 22 /3016 i was going to switch my internet and phone to direct tv and tv to lower the cost of tv and internet /phone .i was told there was a fee of 120.00 plus current bill to verizon fios
when i call to do this i did not talk to a live person it was all done on the internet my plan was to keep the internet and phone and take the smallest package directv had that was around 40.00 dollars verizon would not let me cancel the tv they wanted to sell me a bundle tv internet phone no matter what i tried i could not cancel the tv .i did agree to a package of tv 25 channels/ internet /phone the pro rated bill was 164..11 o n 24 the next day the 25the same amount was taken from my checking i hired outside tection to reconnect the tvs they work fine for a very short time then all sudden there was no sound or picture onlt ads to make you spend more money monthly i that is out and out fraud they up bills every month without permission i think this has to stopped there
are many others who have the same problem
thank you everett houghtalen
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 9 months ago.

Hello there --

-

There have actually been complaints regarding this type of activity against direct TV, many of them handled by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, created by Congress just a few years ago to handle consumer complaints against large businesses of this nature. My suggestion is that you contact them directly -- I am attaching a link to their website and you should be able to get complaint information and contact information right on the website -- you may be able to get involved in several of the class action suits they have brought against direct tv over the past few years.

-http://www.consumerfinance.gov/you-have-the-right/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAr8W2BRD2qbCOv8_H7qEBEiQA1ErTBj07kdVz_Cnu6lCm8vBfCXnNcwgObMkMDKkCUY-4CA0aAj0B8P8HAQ

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above this box to pay me for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right of the ratings section. Pressing a positive rating will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time assisting you today. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

-

MARY