Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Woking with an escrow company out of michigan on a property

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Pam. woking with an escrow company out of michigan on a property in called Puerto Bahia in puerto vallarta area. he is claiming we need to pay an iva tax of $5902.56 to the mexican gov. which e get back when the sale is complete. However is the sale consent go thru I feed our money is gone! He says we will get a "Rebate" back for our time and efforts. Scam??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have been told our property will sell for $36891.00. $11067.30 is in an escrow account from the buyer. If I wire the money to the receiving bank: Banco mercantile del norte S.A. and the deal falls thru am I out the money
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I have heard from a lot of people who have been told this and then never received their money back. Are you trying to sell a time share?