Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Consumer law, North Dakota Starting in 2010 I was sued by a

Customer Question

Consumer law, North Dakota
Starting in 2010 I was sued by a debt collecting law firm for a credit card debt.
In February 2011 I filed a Motion to Dismiss with the court. The court has not ruled on my motion to dismiss as of this date. I believe there is a rule which says, if the court does not rule upon the motion within 120 days, it is deemed dismissed by the court.
I was never served any papers by the court, and I checked North Dakota Register of Actions, and didn't see action taken by the court.
The debt collecting law firm received a default judgment from the court, than garnished my bank account. I received a letter from the debt collecting law firm for satisfaction of debt in late March 2014.
I wish to sue the law firm for illegal activities.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?