Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

We booked a last minute cruise on the Oceania

Customer Question

We booked a last minute cruise on the Oceania Riviera-sailing on March 03, 2016. Because the date we booked Jan.19, 2016 we at that time paid the cruise in full. After the booking we discovered that this ship has had a 4 month reoccurring issue with outbreaks of the norovirus , with the last report on the CDC website as February 12-22.
I have non-hodgkins lymphomia a non curable blood cancer, which in turn has left me with a compromised immune system. Currently I have no Active disease .
I contacted Oceania customer service and informed them of my complete medical condition and because of risk involved to my health i requested that they work with us that they either issue us a refund or a credit for a future cruise at which they declined both . My husband also called and spoke with the Passenger Relations director with no avail. Due to the continued issues with this ship I feel strongly that it is not a safe environment for me. Do I have any legal action recourse against Oceania ?
Jacqueline Bombaci
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Did the terms of purchase state that the cruise fare was non-refundable?