Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I recently paid $695 Hair Loss Certification/Hair

Customer Question

Hello. I recently paid $695 for a Hair Loss Certification/Hair Replacement Class back in December 2015. The class I signed up for was scheduled for January 24,2016 in Kennesaw, GA. I was given the number from a friend and spoke with the Educator directly via phone. When we spoke on the phone is when I got further info on the class and expectations. At that time I made a partial payment of $350. A few weeks later I made the remaining balance of $345 on January 21, 2016. Before making my final payment I asked the Educator about the weather in her area because some parts of GA were expecting some snow. She told me that she checked the weather and her area was good and actually the day of the class it would be in the mid 50s. (I live inFayetteville, NC) On the 23 of January I was preparing to travel to GA in my vehicle when I got a call from this educator stating that most of the people that were scheduled for Sunday's class had rescheduled because of the weather in their area. She said that her area had some snow but myself and another lady was the only 2 people that didn't cancel from the class. I understood her concerns for our safety, but I knew from my research from news and other media outlets that the actual day of the class the weather would not be an issue. She then proceeded to tell me that she would just schedule me with her next scheduled class on February 23, 2016. I explained to her that I wouldn't be able to attend that class and why did I have to wait a month due to the weather to take the class. In our recent conversation she knew that I had to be her area 3 weekends in a row, so she agreed to either give the class to myself and the other lady on February 8 or 9, 2016, but she would confirm the exact date on January 25, 2016. I agreed to wait for her confirmation. Well she never emailed or called. I emailed her on January 29, 2016 around 9pm. In the email I mentioned our brief convo and how I was waiting for her confirmation date. She responded the next day, January 30, 2016 at 3:14am giving a simple apology and saying that she's not going to give the class on the 8th nor the 9th and that we can come February 23, 2016 or find another date that we can come that's on her schedule. Well you know I'm pissed by now, because I feel first off that she was not going to contact me about a new date and her emails were so cut and dry at that point. Her willingness to meet with me before this 23rd class date seemed so sincere only to get cold-hearted emails sent back to you. Well I did tell her that I would see her in February since my hands were tied and she left me with no other options. But I still couldn't make the class due to a medical issue with my foot, which I ended up having surgery on February 22, 2016. So now her thing now is I didn't contact her to let her know, because she has a "No Refund Policy", meaning I can't dispute charges with my bank or cc company.. She told me that I should've seen it when I went online to book the class. Well I didn't go on line to book the class, I was given her number to call and also I was told what her next class date was. So my question is, is there anyway that can get my money back?There was no snow on the day of the class ( confirmed that thru the hotel) and
She went back on her agreement to give the class on February 8/9,
And I never saw her policy because I booked via telephone
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your class was cancelled and you could not make the February class, you are entitled to at least attending the next available class. If she will not refund your money or allow you to attend the next class, you can sue her in small claims court in GA for the money she owes you. Even with a no refund policy, if she cancelled the class in January and you had a medical issue in February, she at least has to allow you to attend the next class you are able to attend. If she will do neither, since she rescheduled January through no fault of your own, sue in small claims court for your money refund.