Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian,
Experience:  Principal at Consumer Law Office of Nishan Parlakian, Esq.
22033236

It seems i may have a judgment .00 from First Resulution

Customer Question

It seems i may have a judgment for 9200.00 from First Resulution investment corp. the original Debt was 4500.00
Im not sure what to do now? will they take all my pay check? I did not have the money then for 4500 and i dont have 9000 now.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for your troubles over this problem. I know it is difficult. First it is possible to call First Resolution yourself and ask if you can make a deal with them for a portion of the debt and ask to make payments every month. Usually these companies will be willing to work with you so they are insured of making some money on the deal. This is one way to resolve. If you don't do anything it is possible that First Resolution will try to either freeze your assets including at the bank or if not enough money at the bank to try and take 10% of your wages per month. One way to avoid this is again to speak with them and ask if the will reduce the balance and allow you to make the payments yourself without going through the garnishment freezing process. The are not entitles to take all of your pay check and are limited to the 10%> Many clients I have dealt with have asked and the have received the accommodation to voluntarily pay monthly. I do not believe that you need an attorney to do this and I believe that you can handle yourself. The additional moneys owed are from the interest and I believe First Resolution is a debt buyer. As such they have room to negotiate with you. Please let me know how it goes and if you need further advice. Good luck, Sean