Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I ORDERED AROUND 7 ENTRES FROM THIS FILIPINO RESTAURANT LAST

Customer Question

I ORDERED AROUND 7 ENTRES FROM THIS FILIPINO RESTAURANT LAST X'MAS HOLIDAY TO BE EXACT IT WAS 12-23-16 TO BE PICKED UP THE FOLLOWING DAY WHICH WAS THE 24TH. THE FOOD WASTO BE SERVE AT MY PARTY THAT NIGHT. THREE OF THE FOOD ORDERED WERE SPOILED, 1 DESSERT HAD MOLDS ALREADY, ANOTHER DISH , MEAT WAS SO TOUGH, NO ONE CAN EAT IT. I CALLED THE ESTABLISHMENT, THE PERSON THAT ANSWERED SAID THEY WILL CLOSED FORTHE WKEND BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAYS. THEY WILL BE OPEN THAT FOLLOWING MONDAY. BY THE WAY MY HUSBAND PAID $322. PLUS FOR ALL THE FOO D ORDERED. I LEFT A MESSAGE TO THE PERSON THAT I TALKED TO HAVE TO OWNER TO CALL ME BACK, AFTER I TOLD HIM ABOUT MY COMPLAIN. THAT MONDAY I SENT MY CHILDREN TO GO THE SAID RESTAURANT AND BRING THE SPOILED FOODS. THE ACTING MGR. SAID TO MY CHILDREN THAT THE OWNER WAS THERE AND SHE WILL BE RIGHT OUT. AFTER WAITING A WHILE THE ACTING MGR. CAME BACK TO MY CHILDREN AND SAID THAT THE OWNER IS GONE AND CANNOT BE FOUND. THE FOLLOWING DAY I TRIED CATCHING THE OWNER AND I WAS LUCKY SHE ANSWERED THE PHONE. SHE ACKNWLEDGE THE COMPLAIN AND ASK ME TO COME TO THE RESTAURANT AND SHE'LL GIVE A DOZEN PASTRIES WORTH $10.00. I WAS SO INSULTED I TOLD HER I WILL REPORT THISS INCIDENT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU! SHE TOLD ME THAT THAT'S DISCRIMINATION! I TOLD HER HOW CAN THAT BE DISCREMINATION WHEN WE'RE BOTH FILIPINO. PLEASE HELP WHAT RECOURSE I COULD TAKE. THERE ARE M A NY BAD REVIEWS I READ ON LINE ABOUT THEM WHEN I RESEARCHED ABOUT THEM AFTER I HAD THE BAD BAD EXPERIENCE...BUT IT WAS TOO LATE!!!!! HELP PLEASE.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

You have a couple of options.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

First, you can file a consumer complaint with the Texas Attorney General's Office. They will investigate and take action, if deemed appropriate. You can also file a complaint with your local health department, since they are serving spoiled food.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Finally, you may sue them in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you still online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?