KJLLAW
KJLLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I am going to file chapter 7, but I would like to know do I

Customer Question

Hello I am going to file for a chapter 7, but I would like to know do I have to disclose of my alternate ssn that was issued by the Social Security Administration due to Identity theft. I also have credit on that alternate ssn which is all excellent?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 12 months ago.

Good afternoon. In order to file and be granted a discharge through a chapter 7 bankruptcy you must not have the means to pay back your unsecured creditors. At filing, you are required to disclose all sources of income received during the six month period prior to filing. Chapter 7 is a discharge of your debts, as a person, not a social security number, even if the source of income comes from different social security numbers. If you file the petition and do not disclose the income under the other social security number they would deny your petition and dismiss it.

I hope this helps with your question.