Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

Ello student of Texas A&M residing in DAllas. I was to

Customer Question

ello
My name is ***** ***** of Texas A&M residing in DAllas. I was to receive a parcel from Michigan through USPS in September. Due to some problem the parcel was broken and i found some missing items in it. After which i called the USPS Coustomer Service. Intially they told me that they were trying to find the items and gave me a claim number, but there was no response till 3 weeks. I have been calling them repeatedly, but they always told me the same answer as first. In the month of Novemeber i sent a letter to Atlanta Recovery Center, yet there was no response. When i called them last week, they told me that the tracking number was not valid and the case was closed. I was calling them very frequently but none of the costumer service person told me. This shows how irresponsible they are and is this the way they deal with the costumer? I am very dissappointed with their behaviour. I am trying to file a case on them. It would grateful if you people can guide me in this case. Thank you in advance.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.

The United States Postal Regulatory Commission oversees USPS, and a formal complaint can be made through that agency. Check out the below site for detailed information on bringing a formal action against USPS.

http://www.prc.gov/docs/62/62762/Order195.pdf

The process usually requires an attorney for a successful action, but attorney involvement is not mandatory.

I hope this helps. If there's anything else I can do for you, just let me know and I will continue to provide assistance. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site credited for the help we provide.

Note: You can bookmark this page and return to it at any time for reference. It will always be here for you.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1