Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I purchased a vehicle (BMW) from my attorney, after doing

Customer Question

I purchased a vehicle (BMW) from my attorney, after doing all required NICB and title checks the vehicle came back clear. I registered the vehicle and subsequently traded in to a dealership for another vehicle (AM). A month after the trade in, the police impound the vehicle I traded in(BMW) saying that it was stolen. No CHP 180 form indicating that police had impounded the vehicle was ever filed, nor was dmv or myself notified of the vehicle seizure.... the dealership then came and took my car (AM) in the middle of the night and refuses to return it. What can I do as a bona fide purchaser for value in this situation?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

You would need to file lawsuit against the dealership for return of the vehicle.

You would need the assistance of an Attorney who handle civil litigation to assist you with this lawsuit. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org