Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Need someone very familiar with bankruptcy law as applied in

Customer Question

Need someone very familiar with bankruptcy law as applied in Texas.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I practiced bankruptcy in Texas several years. Do note that we can't complete form or provide what would be deemed as legal advice. I have helped a couple other people that had questions as they worked through the forms on their own. Also note that I can only ask the question posed and then I am supposed to ask that you start a new thread if question is different. For a few customers it was worth it to have the monthly subscription and just continue to repost questions to me once they encountered a new one.

With all of that said I would be happy to assist you. If anything I said leaves you reason to speak to a different attorney I can opt out and it will go back to the group.

Regards,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think opt out, and let it go back, as I would like someone who is currently practicing bankruptcy law. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you able to opt out without me submitting a rating?
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 9 months ago.

yes I will do it and just don't reply as that will delay things going to a new expert. Wish you the best.

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 9 months ago.

I thought I should answer your last question just so you know how the site works and then I will opt out again. While I do not currently practice bankruptcy I have filed several hundred cases after the 2005 BK Reform Act I have also spent my career in Texas. I also do not handle family law daily, but in dealing with bankruptcy, divorces in the past and estate planning I have extensive knowledge in the area of community property. Do know that even in these fields there are times a question is outside my expertise and I feel professionally obligated to opt out so it goes back to the group here. I have only been on the site about 3 months, but have helped people with bankruptcies all over the country. I think you will find the other experts on here are similar. Some have decades more experience, but we all feel obligated to opt out if it is outside our expertise.

My comments above were just me trying to convey the fact that none of us are allowed to go through and complete forms or give legal advice and i didn't want you to unexpectedly think that was what we did for this fee as it is more ask question; get answer. I say all of this just so you better understand the website and I will again opt out and please don't reply so it does go to other experts. If at any time you wish to have me assist you just call customer service and they can arrange it.

Best Wishes RONB-ESQ

Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What can I answer for you, please?