Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My neighbor has a 60 ft tall CB radio in a suburban area. It

Customer Question

My neighbor has a 60 ft tall CB radio in a suburban area. It knocks out our Internet, Cell Phones, Lan Lines, nearly everything in the house. I'm currently an Online College student as is the person i am living with and it is extremly difficult for us to do our work. We have contacted the FCC a number of times, all of which refer us to the Local police to solve our issue. The local police say they can't do anything because its FCC laws he's breaking (which he is breaking several of) Would it be possible for us to sue him for our college tuition, or at least get a cease and desist order?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. You probably could not claim damages for lost tuition but you could certainly seek an injunction asking him to limit the times it runs or to remove it as it is blocking out your signal for your communications in your home. It is interfering with your quiet enjoyment of your home. What might help your case is if you collectively file it with any neighbors who are also being affected by this. I think a judge would likely order him to remove it or somehow restrict the timings that it runs.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

ny additional questions?