Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian,
Experience:  Principal at Consumer Law Office of Nishan Parlakian, Esq.
22033236

I started to file bankruptcy and went as far as filing with

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I started to file bankruptcy and went as far as filing with the court, however I decided not to proceed. Then again a few months later I realized that I should file for bankruptcy and I put the papers through again. This time it was also stopped as I came into some money and I was able to pay off some debts. Both of these bankruptcy's are showing up on my credit reports as incomplete. I have asked the credit bureaus to delete them and they said they had to stay on my reports. How can I get these removed?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 9 months ago.

The credit bureaus will not easily move derogatory information from your files without substantiation that the bankruptcies have been withdrawn. Go to the court where you filed the bankruptcies and ask the clerk to provide documentation that the action is no longer with the court. Once in hand send copies of the documentation to each bureau requesting that they remove the information as it is erroneous. Make no mistake, this will take time however the time taken will be less than having the bankruptcy notation for a longer period.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you so much.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am trying to give you a rating however it will not allow me to. I Please contact JustAnswers customer service to have it added. My intent was to give you an Excellent rating. Please have them update it or I can be contacted at***@******.*** if they need further verification to fix it. Thank you again.

Thank you so much. I will inquire with JA. Good luck with everything and please let me know how it turns out.