How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nishan Parlakian Your Own Question
Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian,
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56
Experience:  Principal at Consumer Law Office of Nishan Parlakian, Esq.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Nishan Parlakian is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I started to file bankruptcy and went as far as filing with

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I started to file bankruptcy and went as far as filing with the court, however I decided not to proceed. Then again a few months later I realized that I should file for bankruptcy and I put the papers through again. This time it was also stopped as I came into some money and I was able to pay off some debts. Both of these bankruptcy's are showing up on my credit reports as incomplete. I have asked the credit bureaus to delete them and they said they had to stay on my reports. How can I get these removed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 1 year ago.

The credit bureaus will not easily move derogatory information from your files without substantiation that the bankruptcies have been withdrawn. Go to the court where you filed the bankruptcies and ask the clerk to provide documentation that the action is no longer with the court. Once in hand send copies of the documentation to each bureau requesting that they remove the information as it is erroneous. Make no mistake, this will take time however the time taken will be less than having the bankruptcy notation for a longer period.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you so much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to give you a rating however it will not allow me to. I Please contact JustAnswers customer service to have it added. My intent was to give you an Excellent rating. Please have them update it or I can be contacted at***@******.*** if they need further verification to fix it. Thank you again.
Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much. I will inquire with JA. Good luck with everything and please let me know how it turns out.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions