Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I purchased a trailer in Texas. With the trailer I purchased

Customer Question

I purchased a trailer in Texas. With the trailer I purchased maintenance insurance. Three days later I sent the dealer an E-Mail canceling the insurance. After repeated requests no response from the dealer. I sent him notice that I wanted my money back and no response. I called the credit card company and asked them not to pay the insurance premium. The dealer called me and wants the trailer back. He said we no longer have a contract. He was paid in full for the trailer by my bank. How can he demand the trailer back?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I do not see how. He cannot void a contract just because you have now changed your mind about purchasing additional services from him.

It appears that he is trying to use strong arm tactics to get you to buy the maintenance insurance, which is not mandatory.

You should contact the bank and let the bank know what the dealer is trying to do.

You should also contact Better Business Bureau and your Attorney General's Office and file complaint against this dealership.

Finally, you need to file complaint with Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs, Manufactured Housing Division. Click on the link below for contact information:

https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/mh/contacts.htm