Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

Question, if satisfaction of judgement was rendered and

Customer Question

Hello, Question, if satisfaction of judgement was rendered for Towing and Storage why wasn't car returned , there were no holds or liens. The tow yard said because it wasn't ordered however I believed it to be implied due to California civil codes stateting that if I could not pay then car would be sold for judgment and all proceeds over judgment would be handed to me or if under I would have to make up the difference however in 8 monthly installments resulting in a paid in full satisfaction of judgement was finalized. When we went back to court in order to have this rectified because they belived that it was not order, instead I was told by the judge that he didn't remember due to such a heavy case load, of me stateing that I wanted my car back when he the judge himself asked me what I wanted. I was told that I had to pay more on top of what I already paid totaling the original amount I apealled to have reduced to get my car back....there were thing done in this case that I find shocking, I was not able to have access to my car when the California constitution says that I can, having the police on two occasion not enforce my civil rights but to as the officer stated '' he's willing to make a compromise '' that being themselves the police would enter and look at My car??? In the possibility of having any meds that might prolong my in the car I would not be able to retrieve them (I do). There are many more inconsistency far to many to recant at this time. Ian looking for some kind no real justice,
Thank you
Antoine .O
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

I'm sorry to hear of this unfortunate and frustrating situation, but happy to say that you may have recourse. Under the circumstances, it sounds like the judge decided you have to pay more based on his lack of recollection of what occurred at the first hearing in which you said you wanted your car back. You can still refresh his memory and get him to change his mind by ordering a copy of the original hearing transcript, presuming there was a court reporter present. You can then file a motion for reconsideration attaching the transcript to the motion as an exhibit. As long as you do this within 10 days of entry of the order at issue, the judge will likely change his ruling.

You can find instructions for obtaining court transcripts on your county court website. Be sure to submit your request as a rush order so you can get everything filed in time.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, please let me know and I will continue providing assistance. If I have addressed your concerns or pointed you in a positive direction, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is how attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

If I have clarified your issue or helped point you in a positive direction, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the information provided.

Best,

Attorney 1

Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in to find out how your situation is progressing. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. If I have helped clarify the situation for you, please let me know that, as well. Thank you.

Best,

Attorney 1