KJLLAW
KJLLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I received a call from american cash award sweeptakes saying

Customer Question

I received a call from american cash award sweeptakes saying that i won 5.5 million dollars and a free mercedes 2016 gave all the inforations that i needed to have i have addresses names phone numbers you name it but stupit enough i went and deposit $ 450.00 plus the fees $490.00 they ask me for my driver lisence on western union i also have name and address where i sent it to . went home and start it looking for the company and start it looking at the reviews from other people saying that is fraud. Now what should i do > I guess i lost the money. Now i am scare of been robe . when i went to western union i put my email and they got my address
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. Sorry to hear about the scam. With this type of scam it is virtually impossible to get your money back. They usually are operating out of another country. You can call your banks and credit cards and inform them about the fraud and to put a block on an potential withdrawals and/or use of your account. You should also file a complaint with the Florida attorney generals office. I hope this helps.