Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have a paypal account and on that account I have my bank

Customer Question

I have a paypal account and on that account I have my bank account linked and also some of my debit cards. I bought some things from a store online the other day and I used my school bank account through my paypal because I was supposed to get a refund in my account but it turns out my refund has not come through and will not be available for another two weeks. My bank account cancelled the payment due to insufficient funds but the store still shipped my stuff. They are now mad and have emailed me saying that they are going to contact law enforcement. I need to know what I should do? Paypal tells them to wait 3-5 days before the echeck clears but they shipped my stuff right away? They are telling me I could go to jail, is this true? I'm just kind of scared and need some answers.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Do you have the fund to cover the cost now?

2) What state are you in? What is the company in?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.