Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

Energy Team, 2731 Silver Star Rd. Orlando FL 32808,

Customer Question

Green Energy Team, 2731 Silver Star Rd. Orlando FL 32808, installed a solar water heating system and an attic fan. $12500.00 They claimed that the system would pay for itsel. bec ause I would save 50% off my FPL bill.It has been six months now. no bill has shown such savings. the operation manager who has admitted that there has not been any savings has promissed, Has ceased communication with me. I need help.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
CAN I HAVE THIS COMPANY DO WHAT IS NESSARY FOR ME TO SAVE 50% OF MY FPL BILL. FAILING THAT, REFUD MY $12500.00, A LOAN ?. THEY PROVIDED THE SOURCE OF THE LOAN.

You can sue them for breach of contract and false advertising or deceptive trade practices. However, if they didn't put those claims in writing it will be difficult to prove. Not impossible, but difficult.

If you sue them and win then you will have what is known as a "choice of remedies". That can include getting your money back by rescinding the contract or if you can find someone else that can do the work to achieve the results they promised then you can recover the amount necessary to hire the other company to do that.

You can also recover your attorney's fees and costs of court.