Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I used to be a product dealer selling ecus, I had sold an

Customer Question

Hi
I used to be a product dealer selling ecus,
I had sold an ecu about a year ago to a customer of mine which has been proved faulty, was sent back to the manufacturer, whom agreed on a refund of the wholesale price, all this had been decided without my knowledge until they claimed it needed to be refund through my business, my dealership had been cancelled about 9 months ago with this company, they also claim I owe them money for products I never received which we have been disputing. I'm worried they are going to try refund me the ecu money minus the parts
I need to know where I stand and what I can do
Thanks, Chris
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Chris,

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Was your dealership filed with the state as either an LLC or a corporation? What is the customer's basis for claiming that you need to refund them after the manufacturer already agreed to a refund?

When you say "they also claim I owe them," are you referring to the manufacturer or the customer?