Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

I have a question regarding the buyer's remorse law? I

Customer Question

Hello, I'm David. I have a question regarding the buyer's remorse law? I noticed that I was charged a freight fee for a recent purchase on a motorcycle. I was told by the sales associate that I would not have a freight charge since the bike was used. I wanted to know if the buyers remorse law applies to me just incase they don't want honor what they had said. I understand that I should have reviewed the contract better before I signed it but it was late and dealer was closing so I was being rushed.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon David. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Did the contract contain any provision allowing you to cancel?

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Unless the contract contained a provision allowing for cancellation, there is no buyer's remorse law for the purchase of a motorbike. If you cancel you could be liable to the seller for breach of contract.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.