CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I have two convertible promissory notes from Alpine Pictures

Customer Question

Customer: I have two convertible promissory notes from Alpine Pictures dated Oct. 2004 totaling $25,000. They have paid interest up through 2014, but no payments in 2015
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Simple, no interest payments made in 2015, so they are in default. Have not demanded payment yet by letter, but may have to bring collection action.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today.

In reviewing your question, it appears that you have a debtor that is in default on a promissory note. You appear to understand that your rights to enforce this loan would be a "breach of contract" action in civil court, and that most creditors will preface this claim with a demand letter (also called a "pre-litigation demand" or some other term - there is no specific name), that gives the debtor a specific amount of time to "cure" the default - (i.e. "payment is expected within 10 days from the date of this letter").

What is your specific question that I can assist you with today?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can write the demand letter. What I was looking for was any history with this debtor and possible referrals for potential legal actions in CA. I do not want to be in a program chat site, nor pay fees to continue to ask questions.

Dear Customer,

This is a public site, and a pay for use forum.

I will refer your question to our Customer Service.

I wish you the best of luck with your matter.