Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I sold a outboard motor for $750.00 with no paperwork or

Customer Question

I sold a outboard motor for $750.00 with no paperwork or written guarantees. The buyer did not require a demo. The buyer said it would not start when he got it home.The buyer and I took it to Catalina Marine for diagnosis and they suspected that the power pack was defective and the cost for repair would be somewhere around $360.00.The buyer said he was not interested in pursuing repair and opted to have me refund $500.00 and I did. I paid for the repair and resold the motor for $600.00 to another buyer. The original buyer then decided to take me to Small Claims Court saying I owed Them $250.00.The total transactions aside from the motor repair bill were cash with no receipts and no verbal, written guarantees or warranties .Does the plaintiff have a case?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed Arizona attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...can you explain what you mean by

he was not interested in pursuing repair and opted to have me refund $500.00 and I did.

He agreed to return the motor to you for $500 (basically allow you to repurchase at a lower price)? He agreed to this as a fair solution?