Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

I bought 2 exercise bikes off the Internet. They advertised

Customer Question

I bought 2 exercise bikes for Christmas off the Internet. They advertised that they were$19.95 each. Yesterday I got my Visa bill and they charged me $73 ,so I tried to contact them and the number doesn't exist anymore. Also, when I went to read up on it, it said they are going to charge me every month until it comes to $259 for each bike. The bikes were those Sit N Cycle bikes that Dorothy Hamill advertised over Christmas. There was never any mention of the extra cost on the ad. A lot of people are on the Internet now complaining of the same thing, but since we can't even reach those people, what can I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Since you paid by credit card you can dispute the charge.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

If they charged more than agreed then it was not authorized. Likewise, if the terms of the sale provided for return if dissatisfied and they refuse to honor that then the charge was fraudulent.

You should also file a consumer complaint with the state attorney general.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.