Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I located a car that I wanted to buy at a dealership in

Customer Question

I located a car that I wanted to buy at a dealership in another state. I had the car checked out by a mechanic and I felt comfortable about the condition. I agreed on a price $9950 (which I assumed was the price before the dealer added prep and taxes). My credit union would not finance it for me, so I clicked a button on a website to contact a company that finances people with less than great credit. Erich Halvorsen returned my call and told me how to apply for the loan, he contacted me the next day to tell me I was approved. The next day, the 6th, he dropped by my house so I could sign the contract. The contract included a maintenance agreement for $2000, which I did not ask for. Mr. Halvorsen, told me after I made 6 payments I could contact him and he would refinance at a lower rate and he would remove the maintenance agreement at that time. Yesterday I was speaking with the salesman at Elite Auto Wholesale and he mentioned that Mr. Halvorsen had sent a bill of sale to him for the car and the price he was going to pay him was $9500. He told the dealership he was a wholesaler and he was buying the car wholesale and the price he would give them was $9500. The dealership signed a contract and sent it to Mr. Halvorsen. They were told a check would be sent to them today, and they would probably receive it Friday or Monday. I spoke with the salesman at Elite, Matt Ward, today and found out that he had spoken to Mr Halvorsen who told him he was selling the car to me for more money, the salesman said he called him out on that and Mr. Halvorsen I was ok with the deal. None of this was disclosed to me. So basically Mr. Halvorsen found out I was buying a car for a certain price, went behind my back, bought the car for less money and is selling it back to me for a higher price, and tacked on a maintenance agreement that I do not want.
I understand I have a 3 day right of recision. I would like to know what happens to me when I exercise that right.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Why do you believe you have a 3 day rescission right? Have you paid anything yet?

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Are you online with me?