Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a signed contract with an auto dealership no

Customer Question

I have a signed contract with an auto dealership no contingency verbiage and no spot delivery the dealership was unable to find anyone to buy the note the dealership is listed as the creditor now they want me to return the car.. Since I have a contract that is signed sealed and delivered to speak do I have to return the vehicle?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, make corrections, add proper punctuation marks and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I went to rusty Eck Ford in Wichita Kansas and purchased a 2007 Ford Edge. This is without any contingency verbiage regarding financing in the contract. The dealership is listed as the creditor. I took the vehicle home and the next day was informed that the dealership was unable to find a bank to purchase the loan. Now the dealership is wanting the vehicle back. My question is simply this since there is a signed contract with the dealership for the purchase of the vehicle if they do not find financing from an outside source can they legally force me to return the vehicle? Or do they have to honor the contract allowing me to keep the vehicle pursuant to the conditions in the contract?

Thank you for the information.

Regrettably, you need to return the car to the dealership. If the dealership cannot find financing for your purchase, you cannot keep the car. Eventhough the dealership is listed as the creditor, the dealership uses financial institution to complete the financing. So, if a bank cannot be found to finance the contract, you have to return the car to the dealership. Otherwise, the dealership can have the car repossessed.