Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Rv dealer in kansas listed a used rv on ebay. Buyer me asked

Customer Question

Rv dealer in kansas listed a used rv for sale on ebay. Buyer me asked seller if said rv was salvage or repo seller stated that it was a repo from a auction. I buyer researched the vin via. my bank Insurance company and thw manufacturer. Nothing made me think that the seller was being miss leading. So on Jan 1 2016. Drove to kansas looked over the rv all systems of the rv looked good still no red flags. Trailer sold as is with statement, that factory appliances covered buy manufacturer. I get home and my finance person calls to tell me that this rv was sold at auction in texas and was flooded and was to be used as parts texas salvage title vtr 441. My finance company will not finance 47000 for a trailer that was purchased for 11000. The dealer or seller had a back up finance contract but there is no itemized break down of tax title and fees so from what i understand from my finance person is that that contract would have to be rewritten. I guess the only good so far is im not out any money. The seller signed the title over to me but i told them to come and get the fifthwheel. Just wonder your thoughts.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

You did the right thing under the circumstances. You cannot take ownership of this vehicle no matter what concessions the Seller may make after you discovered the Seller's material misrepresentation.

You need to surrender the RV back to the Seller and make sure that title is transferred back to the Seller.