CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

Need to verify if this is a legit company, "Somerpointe

Customer Question

Need to verify if this is a legit company, "Somerpointe Resorts" and if they are with the RCI Points Program. Their phone #***-***-****.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

The "Summerpointe Resorts" is listed under ASNY Company LLC (you can find their Nevada Secretary of State Registry here: http://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=WvJoLrbDP7rEanFLqblBxQ%253d%253d&nt7=0) A listing with the NV SOS only indicates that the business is properly formed and registered with the State, the SOS does not endorse or investigate the operations of the LLC or Corp. (so it does not confirm the legitimacy of the advertisements by the timeshare company, etc.).

You can do reviews with entities such as the BBB, or local chambers of commerce (Las Vegas for this entity) for more detailed reports and information on the company.

As far as determining whether or not they can participate in a points system provided by a third party, I would suggest contacting that third party (RCI) directly.