CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

ID theft disrupted my life. Bank covered up there own

Customer Question

ID theft disrupted my life. Bank covered up there own liability blaming me. Reported me the to state now I can not open another account and must stay with this bank. I had my ID stolen under this bank 5 time in as many years. Is there anything that i can to have this bank remove my name from this list with http://www.earlywarning.com/index.html. They say that the bank listed me for 5 year so that I can not open any account or even apply for credit.
Thanks,
Clyde
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

You have already tried all of the less complex mechanisms of dealing with this matter that I can offer you, apparently without success.

The next step that you can take is to try to contact a consumer protection attorney - this is a specific type of plaintiff's attorney that represents consumers in matters such as this (dealing with all kinds of business and professions matters including fraud and accounts issues, not just banking matters).

Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).