Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

If I get a message that a package has processed through sort

Customer Question

if I get a message that a package has processed through sort facility ISC new york. does that mean that the package is enroute and has cleared customs. t
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he package has been processed through the sort facility, that means that the package should have been sent out to other sort facilities for delivery. The International Service Center (ISC) which is located at JFK. All International packages are processed usually within a week of arrival and dispatched to local sort facilities. If the packages were seized by customs it would be noted in the delivery notes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this means the package has goten through customs is what my boss wants to know. please confrim.It should be out for delivery to us soon.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
says origin post preparing delivery that is the only note . nothing about customs.
Thank you for your reply.
All it means is it has been processed through the main international process center, then it goes to local process centers so it can be prepared for delivery. If it has been processed from the international process center, it means it has cleared through customs, yes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you.
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
here is what the post office just gave us.Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC New york new york USPS at 10:02 pm on Jan 4.
Thank you for your reply.
That means it has cleared through Customs, you are repeating yourself and making me repeat myself.
Processing through the ISC means it leaves there and goes to outside facilities and customs has cleared the package to leave the facility. So it is now out to your local facility for them to set up delivery.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
okay I will let them know.
Thank you.
Please do not forget to click on positive feedback. Thank you.