MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

Does a Circuit Court Judge in Missouri have subject matter

Customer Question

Does a Circuit Court Judge in Missouri have subject matter jurisdiction over a case involving viloations of REG B and TIL and ECOA
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is the creditor also located in the State of Missouri?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
they are located in Missouri

Then the circuit court has jurisdiction.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what law are you basing your answer on?

I am basing my answer on general jurisdictional knowledge as an attorney.

"Federal courts hear cases involving the constitutionality of a law, cases involving the laws and treaties of the U.S. ambassadors and public ministers, disputes between two or more states, admiralty law, also known as maritime law, and bankruptcy cases."

That is why I was inquiring as to whether the creditor was located in another state because it would bump the matter to federal court instead of state court. However, state courts have the jurisdiction to hear matters involved federal law.