Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I bought a van I august of 2014 I also got insurance with

Customer Question

I bought a van I august of 2014 I also got insurance with direct withdraw for my insurance premiums from my checking account. In oct. of 2914 the insurance company sent me a piece of mail and I did not receive it because my lot number was not on it. I didn't know this. so the insurance company didn't take out the premium right then. my insurance agent contacted me and told me what had happened. so there was a 10 day laps that I had no idea about. then the dmv said because of the laps I had to pay a fine. this was in nov. of 2014. I took the information that my agent gave me to the dmv and it was supposed to be cleared up and the insurance company took out the full payment for oct. and nov. so this was supposed to be over. until a year later.there was some kind of laws passed here in Louisiana that said the insurance company had not taken the cancellation out of their computer. I got a hold of my agent and she said she takes care of these kind of things every week. so she said she would
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

at this point what outcome are you seeking?