Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

This is in reference to a prior question which your company

Customer Question

This is in reference to a prior question which your company stated was "closed" but which I want to reopen and for which I have a valid legal cause of action with appropriate evidence to reopen it. The issue was about whether the state of Texas had the right to teach a Marxist theory of the rate of inflation in the University of Texas at Austin in 1981. My contention is that they did not have the right to teach that course and that I suffered horrendous damages for the fact that they did that.The classic legal defense of people who do this type of thing is the "1st Amendment". There is a statement by Oliver Wendel Holmes from the ear of the early 1900's about whether or not it is legal to "shout fire in a crowded theater". This is part of the issue involved in the illegality of that course that I took.The course was taught inside the Media complex where they had the TV studios for the broadcasting department of the university. The teacher tried to persuade the students that they should invest their money in theories of investment that were based on the Marxist doctrine of class struggle. These theories of investment involved the idea of "alternative concepts of retirement".As a consequence of my learning these theories, I suffered not once, but many times a sequence of financial disasters that I barely recovered from to this day. The sequence of disasters would fill a long book, but to summarize here, my estate was essentially robbed of the capacity for me to get married or continue in the university system in terms of pursuing a doctorate or a master's degree.My contention is that the teacher violated my civil rights by teaching a theory of the financial rates that had absolutely no correlation to the true academic theories associated with the banking and insurance system.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If you like, I can drop my request for the answer to this question, as I see it causes a problem for you to answer it.I did not mean anything bad towards your company. Rather, I wanted to know if there was a way that I could accomplish the legal effect that I desired, which is slightly creative.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, under law there is no "civil right" to an education. See: San Antonio Independent School District v. Rodriguez, 411 U.S. 1 (1973). The court held only that if a school provides an education to anyone, they must provide it equally without regard to age/race/sex/disability/national origin, not that there is any civil right to actually receive the education.
Next, a court will not interfere in the curriculum of the school. The courts state they will not "stand in the shoes of the educational institution" when it comes to what is being taught.
So, a school provides information to students to educate them, but it is up to the students to evaluate that information and either use it or prove it to be incorrect or not suitable to their needs or beliefs. However the school cannot be sued for providing education on one theory over another theory. If the student does not subscribe to a theory being presented or the philosophy of the school, they must leave or simply not practice what is being taught (even though they may have to explain what was taught on an exam) in their real world actions.