How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney 1 Your Own Question
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 2446
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Attorney 1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to sue TMobile going dispute since September.

Customer Question

Customer: I would like to sue TMobile for on going dispute since September.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I inquired about t-mobile service, I was told that T-Mobile would pay off my phone from ATT all I had to do was switch and send my ATT phone to T-Mobile, pay for the final bill from ATT and send T-Mobile the bill. I did as they suggested, paid for the ATT bill, send ATT phone to T-Mobile. T-Mobile came back and denied the claim stating that they don't have tracking of the phone. I gave them the tracking number of the phone which also shows that the phone was received by T-Mobile reciving department. Yet I called 3 months and T-Mobile still deny everything. I am frustrated, I am out a total of 1400. each time i call T-mobile they keeps saying they don't have the tracking number and I have to redo everything all over again...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Protection Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

I'm sorry to hear of this frustrating situation, but happy to say that you do have recourse. T-Mobile has an obligation to honor it's representations which, under the circumstances, rises to the level of a contract with you. You clearly have all of the information you need to prove your case, and the tracking number shows receipt of the phone in question. You can enforce your end of the bargain by bringing an action against T-Mobile in small claims court. You can do this in your own county and state because T-Mobile does business there. A small claims action is much shorter and much less complicated than a regular state court action, and in many states attorneys are not even permitted in small claims courtrooms. You just need to put your ducks in a row and go for it. From the information you provided, it sounds like you would be successful. For information on how to bring a small claims action, navigate to your county court website and click on either the small claims or self help tab. There will you will find all of the information and forms you need to go forward.

If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I will continue to put provide assistance. If I have addressed ratio, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted.

Good luck!


Attorney 1

Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 11 months ago.

PS - Sorry for the typos near the end

Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. If I have addressed your issue, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the help provided.


Attorney 1

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions