Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My daughter was in a fender bender accident, she says she was

Customer Question

My daughter was in a fender bender accident, she says she was not at fault. Unfortunately we discovered when we called AAA (insured with them for 30 yrs) we discovered they had canceled our insurance for non-pmt. No bill, no notice received. Anyway, now a scam collection agency is shaking us down for $ and threatening to suspend my and my daughter's license. Can a third party (not the insurer State Farm) do that?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemmaI am curious about this third party collections agency...has their been a lawsuit yet? If not, how long ago was the accident and what state are you in?